2013 Girls Lacrosse
Click Here To Register
Welcome to Cherry Creek Youth Sports (CCYS) Girls Lacrosse for 2013! CCYS will again offer girls lacrosse teams for ages U9 to U14 (corresponding to grades 3rd - 8th), and a Learn to Play program for girls ages 7 and younger (in grades K – 3). Our goal is to offer a community based lacrosse program where our girls have a safe, fun, educational, and positive environment to learn and play this amazing sport. We hope to instill in our players a love of the game and outstanding sportsmanship based on respect for the rules of the game, opponents, officials and teammates.
The Colorado Girls Lacrosse Association (CGLA) organizes the spring league with which we play and they do not have set boundaries for the clubs in the association, however, our primary focus is on young athletes in the Cherry Creek High School territory.
Registration for the 2013 season begins November 1st.
Age-Based Playing Divisions
The CGLA voted to adopt age-based playing rules but with a birthday defined single year playing divisions. The following table summarizes the divisions:
|Born On or After||Playing Level||Age on 8/31/2012||Likely Grade|
|9/1/98||U14||13 or younger||7th or 8th|
|9/1/99||U13||12 or younger||6th or 7th|
|9/1/00||U12||11 or younger||5th or 6th|
|9/1/01||U11||10 or younger||4th or 5th|
|9/1/02||U10||9 or younger||3rd or 4th|
|9/1/03||U9||8 or younger||K-3rd|
- Practices begin the first week of March and run through the end of May. You can expect two practices per week in the Cherry Creek district area.
- There are 6 regular season games scheduled for Saturday April 6, 13, 20, 27, and May 4 and 11
- The CGLA Festival is Saturday May 18 and Sunday the 19th, at Cornerstone Park from 8 am to 5 pm
- Mandatory coaches meeting and clinic takes place March 10th with the site and times to be determined.
- The Learn to Play program will take place for 6 weeks each Sunday afternoon beginning April 7th, through May 12th.